Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dracula by Bram Stoker

I’ve never been into horror books or movies, never watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, nor did I know much about vampires in general. In fact, my thoughts and images regarding vampires were pretty much shaped by Count Chocula commercials and the Sesame Street Count!

I’m not really sure why I chose to download Dracula by Bram Stoker as one of my first Kindle books, but I’m glad I did! I found it extremely easy to read, even though it was written in the late 1800′s. A lot of it was set in London, and it was cool to read references to train stations and other landmarks that I have been to or heard about.

I had no idea that the book was written as a series of journal entries and letters from the main characters. At first I was thrown by this, when suddenly the person “telling the story” changed from one character to another; but it didn’t take long to get used to it. In fact, it enhanced the story by allowing me to learn what was happening through the different experiences each character was having.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading this book. It was exciting and interesting all the way through. I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a good, classic book to read either for your Kindle or through old-fashioned paper!

Spread It : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !