Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I, Robot – a Short Story by Cory Doctorow

A really quick read is Cory Doctorow’s version of I, Robot which was written as an homage to Isaac Asimov’s original series of short stories of the same name.  Doctorow’s version is part of a series of short stories called Overclocked.

So far, I’ve only read the one story, I, Robot. I haven’t seen the movie of the same name, nor have I read Asimov’s versions. Because of this, I felt like I wasn’t quite getting the whole picture of what Doctorow was getting at. The story seemed to be much too short for what he wanted to say. I’m guessing that the other stories contained in Over Clocked may tie things together for me.

The good news is that the story was very well-written and humorous, which made me interested in reading Asimov’s I, Robot stories.

Spread It : Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !